Friday, September 14, 2012

Signs of a Cold Morning

Waking up early means being up before 6am. That's been the case for me for the past few days since I had to prepare for those job application requirements. And most importantly, I had to eat heavy breakfast coz any trip outside of Sunnyvale meant long walks to the bus stop and to my target destinations.

I don't really notice the temperature outside my room since I always leave the heater on overnight. But stepping out to the loo, brrr, it's definitely chilly! Yes, I do wear my jacket or lately, my shawl whenever I had to take a toilet trip. So how do I know if it really is cold outside, meaning, temperature is below 10 degrees Celsius?

First, the sun's still not up and it's already seven in the morning. It probably means it's just cloudy or that there's some possible showers later on in the day. Worse, it's already raining outside!

So the sun's up but you can't see anything through the window. Why? That's because there's fog on the window pane. Worse, is that there's fog along the driveway and you can barely see a thing outside. Thick fogs seems to be common here in the west, but I've only experienced it (awake) maybe twice since I arrived. And it doesn't usually last that long.

Even if everything is clear and sunny outside, I think it's important that newbies like me should check the air outside. I did see 6 degrees on my netbook's desktop widget but I found that hard to believe since the sun's up! So just to be sure, before leaving the house, I do take my arm outside our sliding glass doors, just to get a feel of the air. Sometimes, I don't even have to do anything coz it's already biting cold in our living room. And I really don't think that our house is well insulated.

It's nice to be walking outside before 8am. However, I often had to wrap my neck with my pashmina, and cover my head with either a bonnet or the hood of my coat just to keep my neck ad head warm. These past days, the air was cold and dry. And I had some difficulty catching my breath during those long walks to the bus or train station. The air was just too cold for me to breathe in and I can see smoke coming off from my mouth as I try to exhale. I guess it's just me who's still too sensitive about this. The school kids go around in their school uniforms, wearing shorts or short skirts. And here I am already wrapped up but still shivering! Brrr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...