Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fresh Fish Market

How I wish all fish markets in Manila will be turned into something like this. A nice and clean retail store where all the fishes are laid out neatly on ice, and are labeled properly.

Or if they're shellfish, at least they'd be stored in a big tank with running water. That way they'd stay fresh and the smell won't be as nasty.

The fish market here serves three kinds of fish: fresh fish (uncooked), bottled and processed fish products that is located at the dry goods area, and restaurants serving fish and chips and other dine-in fish-themed meals. There isn't that much variety on the choices of fresh fish. Maybe it's because of the season? Or it's because it's past noon already when we got there. But in any case, I think fish here is expensive compared to our fish choices in Manila.

And so, this fish market is at the harbour area. In suburbs, like where I'm staying right now, you can only get your fish from PaknSave and other supermarkets, where the fish is most likely frozen. There could be some fresh choices but who can guarantee freshness when you're getting it from the supermarket?

On our way back, we had to cross a foot bridge. Much to my delight, I saw it moving up either coz it's scheduled to move up or that a boat was about to cross. I didn't see any big boat attempting to cross though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...