Thursday, September 6, 2012

Let's Talk About Cheese

I know dairy is one of the biggest industries here in NZ but looking at the choices of cheese in PaknSave here at Henderson, there really isn't that many choices, nor variety, even with their milk! I heard that we probably have the biggest PaknSave store in this side of Auckland but to me, it was only something like a trip Shopwise, with more aisle space. I guess nothing beats SM Hypermarket.

So going back to the dairy products, the choices here are mostly NZ-made/ owned products. I guess they're controlling imported stuff from Europe. I still think that there are more choices in Schipol airport that there is here in the local big grocery. Anyway, what do I know about cheese? I've only been challenged into trying that stinky cheese in Svendborg coz I let my colleagues try the balut when they were in Manila.

Now what do I like with PaknSave? I can't really tell at this point coz I have completely submitted myself to my flatmates' food preference as they were kind enough to include food in my rent. We don't eat Kiwi style here, instead, I get a daily dose of everyday Pinoy meals with some slight alterations on the dishes but basically, we do have nilaga, sinigang, embotido, or just plain steak on a bed of rice. Yes, I've been eating rice meals morning, noon and night. I even get to eat leftover chocolate cake and raspberry muffins for my morning or afternoon tea. And it's all home-made.

Oh my, is that my belly bulging again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...