Saturday, July 27, 2013

Winter Weekends

I just bought some ingredients for a carrot cake recipe that I found online. I also got a wooden tea cup set, some balloons, candles, and a set of clothes for my daughter. She'll be two tomorrow. Forecast for tomorrow: Cloudy periods, odd light shower. Southerly breezes. I was really hoping that it would be sunny so we can go out for a picnic just like what we did last Sunday. But will see.

At Auckland Domain
A light shower doesn't seem to bother folks here. It took a while for us to get used to it. And whenever the sun's up, everyone seems to be outside, at the playground or at the park. We do the same anyway since it's good to finally let the kids go run around and burn their endless energy under the sun after being kept indoors for a while. We just dress them warm as it's still cold anyway.

Whenever we go to the park, we bring fruits, crackers, sandwiches and nibbles. It's not practical to bring rice and other saucy dishes as it will get cold easily, and they can be a bit messy. I guess the menu could be be different if there were just adults and no toddlers are involved. The kids forget about being hungry but if you ask them to sit for a picnic, they'd welcome the idea and probably realize that they're hungry too. I love weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...