Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Cinema

Here's a late post. It's been sitting in my draft for a month and now that I have the time, I'm pretty excited to share how he managed our movie date while making sure that the kids are being looked after.

***

Finally, a worry-free weekend. Hubby and I decided to do tag on watching World War Z. I watched the late afternoon slot, paid $17 and was directed to cinema 2. Hubby paid $20 for the same movie scheduled at 7pm at cinema 9. He wasn't sure what the difference was, something about the theater. It was a treat and a break from watching over the kids. It was another cold and wet weekend so we didn't bother visiting the playground that day. We made the kids watch Pinocchio at home for the first time then my son started going on and on about blue whale, tunnel, and "nokio".

We watched at The Event Cinema at St. Luke's Mall. There were only a few screening schedules for the day (3 to 4 i think since it was a weekend). The queue for paying for tickets is the same for getting drinks and snacks. There's a dedicated lane for online purchasers and it was a very short line. As soon as you mention the movie that you're watching and the screening schedule of your choice, they automatically offer food and drinks. I think they were surprised that I didn't get any whereas almost everyone who were in front of me did order food.

Seat number is already provided upon ticket purchase. People munched on their snacks before the movie started. It was the second movie that I've watched and so far, I haven't encountered any annoying movie-goer. There was no reminder about turning off mobile devices and fortunately, I haven't heard any ringtone throughout the movie. It's been a decent crowd and I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...