Monday, February 11, 2019

Riding the Waves at Browns Bay

Saturday at Browns Bay, with my kids at the middle/front
I never thought that there'd be a time where I can see my son, happily riding the waves. He's 9 and he was out there with his boogie board one Saturday afternoon, enjoying the surf. He went as far as where the water was up to his neck. That really gave me a fright as the surf do go higher than him. With a big nudge, I managed to get hubby to get his attention to go back to where the water is only up to his waist. Can't help it, he was by himself in the water. And we were maybe 3 mins away (if you walk), watching him from a picnic table. He was also drawn to two older kids who were further out, where the water is up to their chests. He didn't protest when I signaled him to head back. His fingers were already wrinkly and he kept giving a thumbs up sign as he rode the waves towards the beach. That must've been fun! (Oh motherhood, it's changed me to become such a worrier!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...