Monday, June 13, 2016

A Birthday Party

They say, what the children will remember the most are the activities that they did during the party. My son's 7th birthday was simple but fun. The kids spent an hour at the YMCA stadium where there's a range of circuit, sport and and gym activities already laid out. The kids loved it and wanted to stay longer. Afterwards, they all went to the party room for the food. The fruit kebabs, sausages and fairy bread were a hit. They didn't like the cheese twisties nor the brownies. The lollies disappeared too quick for me to notice. After blowing the birthday cake, there kids were eager to go outside. Some played with light sabers and eventually, they all went to the flying fox. As it was getting cold and I had only 15 minutes left before pick up/ closing, I ferried them all back to the room. They asked for games but I didn't have one ready. So I gave them the loot bag since it's got a balloon and a toy inside. It kept them occupied until the parents arrived. It was a bit of a mad rush as we had to clear up the room right away as well. So that was just 2 hours. It felt longer but looking back, it was just right. I'm glad the kids came and that everyone had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids Dealing with Boredom

It was a fine weekend but it was so humid last Sunday. I have updated the bedding and our wardrobes with summer items. I was starting to hav...